Henrico County Walks is for ALL County employees to focus on the importance of regular physical activity to maintain physical and emotional well-being. It is a fact – regular physical activity is essential for good health!
- Every 9 weeks, employee teams will set out toward a new destination city. The second leg of our journey takes us from New York City to RVA!
- To cover the 334-mile distance, employees will need to form a team. It is recommended that a walking team should consist of 3 to 4 team members. A jogging/running team can have 1 to 4 team members.
- Number of miles per week to complete based on total number of team members:
- 4-member team: 9.3 miles per week, per team member
- 3-member team: 12.4 miles per week, per team member
- 2-member team: 18.55 miles per week, per team member
- 1-member team: 37.1 miles per week
To assist employee with locating feasible waking routes check out the walking trails above!
Getting started on your Henrico County Walks journey takes just a few simple steps:
- Form a team.
- Think of a fun team name and officially register by completing the registration form.
- Submit your registration form to Liz Stovall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every 9 weeks, there is a new destination city!
- Walking distances will be recorded manually each week by the team captain on the weekly tracking sheet. Team members may monitor their walking distances through a personal device like a Fitbit, Apple Watch or through pedometers on their smart phones (like the Apple Samsung “Health” apps).
- At the end of the 9-week period, the team mileage tracking sheet should be returned to Liz Stovall at email@example.com.
- Teams that reach the destination city will receive a prize!
- Employees may join this initiative at any point. It’s never too late to sign up!